Monday, August 08, 2011

Day 6 End. £243.50 Profit today


First day of the second week: Only one order triggered today. Unfortunately, to be fair to the system, I should have been in the USD/JPY short position but I was up late and the market had already moved past the entry point, and instead of going into the trade (as is the system instruction) I left an order to open, but the market did not come back to the entry level. As a consequence I have lost out on 70 points profit X £2 per point that the system instructions generated.

I closed the Dax sell position a little earlier today as a) I am off to the Indian as I have been away this weekend and want some English food, and b) as it is the Dax, the underlying market is now shut. Forex and US markets close later, if one of those had opened I would have left them until 9pm and phoned the broker from the restaurant.

 I should however stick with the system religiously. Had I not closed a little earlier on Friday than usual (due to my flight)  my account would have benefited from a greater profit on both positions than I actually banked.



No comments:

Post a Comment